Friday, June 11, 2010

Welcome our new Poet to the S.J.

Hello Readers,

As of recently we have had the opportunity to post one of our good friend's poems here on the S.J.!

*Applause*

Here it is: enjoy "All I am" by Wynter Strapps.

P.S. We want feedback! Tell us what you think of Wynter's poem.
ALL I AM

All I am,
And all I’ll be,
I lay them down before your feet.
Now I pray for you to speak through me,
As I have foreseen.

All I see,
And all I hear,
To you I hold them dear.
Now I ask for you to come,
And leave a lot, not just some.

All I hope,
And all I ask,
Is for me to complete my task.
And to help me along the way,
To be complete someday.

All I want,
And all I need,
Is for you to take the lead.
To someday be made whole,
That is my dream and goal.

All that exists,
And all I live for,
Not just tales of old lore.
Make your way clear to me,
So I am all you want me to be.

All the memories,
And all the dreams,
Are not always as they seem.
They come and go,
Over which I have no control.

All my faith,
And all my beliefs,
Will never begin to cease.
Let your will be done,
By earth and by your Son.

All I persevere,
And all I feel,
Goes away with just one kneel.
And with the coming of night,
You shine through with you light.

All the hurt,
And all the pain,
Will never be in vain.
‘Cause when I pray,
It goes away for a day.

All my longing,
And all my suffering,
Never seems to have an ending.
It just goes on and on,
Sometimes I wish I were gone.

All the suffering,
And all the tears,
Fall on us through our fears.
And when all hope is lost,
Our Lord and Savior pays the cost.

All I think,
And all I’m here for,
I look to you evermore.
Someday I’ll walk those streets of gold,
But while I’m here I’ll be bold.

All I achieve,
And all I aspire,
I must strive for before I retire.
And all the world has faded to grey,
Before the dawn of another day.

All I trust,
And all I foresee,
Is unlocked with just one key.
That key is to my heart,
The Lord owns it all, not just a part.

All my life,
Is like a song,
The road is narrow and long.
But it will all be worth it,
When I am gone, and eternity is perfect.

2 comments:

Powered By Blogger