Tuesday, September 29, 2009

More info for the first debate

Hello Readers,

For a while, we have been getting some opposition to our answer to the first debate. (Can science prove anything?) So here is some more references for you to check out.

This one is an article that is definitely worth reading all the way through.

Here is a quote from a book I am reading.

.....Science work by experiments. It watches how things behave. Every scientific statement in the long run, however complicated it looks, really means something like, 'I pointed the telescope to such and such a part of the sky at 2:20 a.m. on January 15th and saw so-and-so,' or, 'I put some of this stuff in a pot and heated it to such-and-such a temperature and it did so-and-so.' Do not think I am saying anything against science: I am only saying what its job is. And the more scientific a man is, the more (I believe) he would agree with me that this is the job of science-and a very useful and necessary job it is too.

Lewis, C.S. Mere Christianity. © HarperCollins Publishers, Inc. 2001.


I hope this helps you in your search of the answer.

Sage and Carrie for the S.J.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger